Hometown Mechanical was the mechanical contractor for the Garfield School project consisting of the following scope:
Controls systems and equipment
- One (1) Building Control Unit
- One (1) Air Cooled Chiller Unit and associated pump
- Eighteen (18) New Cabinet Unit Ventilators and associated controls
- Ten (10) Existing Cabinet Unit Ventilators
- Eleven (11) Fan Coil Units
- Eight (8) Electric Unit Heaters
- One (1) Electric Cabinet Unit Heater
- Eleven (11) Hydronic Cabinet Unit Heaters
- One (1) Hydronic Unit Heater
- Two (2) Fin Tube Radiators
- Boiler Hot Water System
- Includes two (2) Boilers and associated pumps (BP/3 and BP/4)
- Water Loop System
- Includes four (4) pumps (PH/1 – PH/4) with Variable Frequency Drives
- Four (4) Exhaust Fans (start/stop/status only)
- One (1) Supply Fan (start/stop/status only)
- Two (2) Combustion Fans
- Includes interlocks to Boilers and Water Heater
This project was challenging on many levels starting with the short timeframe through the summer months to remove, demo, prepare, install, and commission the new system before the first day of school. This required excellent planning, logistic, and management skills of which Hometown was an integral part to meet or exceed the owners’ expectations.
Hometown exemplified excellent leadership and communication as challenges became evident. From the leadership in the office through the skilled field experts Hometown Mechanical demonstrated excellence every step of the way.
All of us at Davenport Trane consider it an honor to be a part of the Hometown Mechanical team. They played a critical role in the success of Garfield School renovation project and look forward to our next venture together.