- View Larger Image
University of Iowa Indoor Practice Facility
Client: University of Iowa | Iowa City, Iowa
Back to Projects
Project Scope and Bio:
- Heating and ventilating a 111,000 sq. ft. indoor practice facility for the University of Iowa’s football program.
- Over 17 miles of radiant heat tubing was installed under the artificial turf to control the climate in the building.
- Seven-stage multi-stack heat pumps utilize the chilled water systems as a well field to extract heat and transfer it to the radiant tubing at a maximum temperature of 150°F.
- 2012 ABC of Iowa Excellence in Construction: HVAC Commercial & Industrial $1 – $2 million
- 2012 ABC of Iowa Excellence in Construction: Green Building / LEED $500,000 – $2 million